Saturday, July 29, 2006

A trip to Pemberly

So, I do find it difficult to keep up with posting things here. I can't believe it took me 5 weeks to post these pictures, as the contents are so important. In late June, I went to visit a friend, Erica with whom I did NETS. She is living in Manchester right now, and we have a very good time, talking and going out for Pizza Hut!!! One of the exciting activities Erica planned was a trip to Lyme Park, which is better known as Pemberly in the BBC's production of 'Pride and Prejudice.' As some might know, I really enjoyed the movie...all 6+ hours of it!!! I have seen multiple times and read the book so often that it is starting to wear out. We were able to walk around and it was great...There are SO many beautiful houses like this in England, and unfortunately they are falling apart from lack of money.
These stairs, if you recall, are where Mr. Darcy runs out after changing from his swim in the pond. He knew Elizabeth was waiting... and below is where they meet. Needless to say, we made fools of ourselves here playing the parts. Inside the building that you see below there were beautiful indoor gardens, I will show some pictures another day. Anyway, this was a mini-tour of my day at Lyme Park...

2 comments:

Elke said...

Oh, I want to go there too and pretend to be Lizzie Bennet!

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter and Liz

I have just found your blog when looking for some contact information re John Love.

It is great. I can only find a telephone number for him and will give
him a ring later.

Love your Blog. It's great when we find someone we know.

Saturday was really special and my friend told me when we got home that she had experienced a life-changing day.

Thank you so much.

May the Lord Bless you and Keep you.

Margaret